Some of the main differences are:
1. Elimination of the High Income OECD threshold for application of the IFC Performance Standards in the final version. Now there is a concept of "Designated Countries" which basically has the same effect but is not based on high income status;
2. Only a summary of an ESIA rather than full disclosure of the ESIA and ESMP is required in the final version;
3. In the final version only a "majority" of a corporate loan meeting the appropriate thresholds must be tied to a project, that caveat wasn't in the draft;
4. New emphasis in principle 3 that compliance with relevant host country laws, regulations and permits are to be address "in the first instance" in Assessments;
5. Some changes to Appendix B setting out EPFI reporting requirements;
6. More specific reference to the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights due diligence requirement.